Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Where Have I Been?

Blogging hasn't even crossed my mind until today.  I've been dealing with kidney stones again and had to have lithotripsy to break one up.  Lithotripsy is an outpatient shockwave therapy used to break up stones.  The stone was stuck in my ureter and blocking the flow.  It was 7mm, which sounds small but in kidney stone world, it's actually a bit large.  Too large to fit through the ureter. 

I had the lithotripsy last Tuesday and have come a long way since then.  I still have a stent, which is very uncomfortable and painful at times.  Each day gets a little better, but this whole ordeal has had me laid up for too long!  When I tried to sit and relax on the patio this past Sunday, I found myself up and pulling weeds.  I knew I would pay for that later, and I did.  The rest of the evening was shot. 

In the midst of all this, we celebrated Katie's birthday and I actually made her a cake!  All I know is that my strength had to have come from God!



I found the Flynn poster printable on-line and the lilacs were cut off my bush.  The boat on the cake with Rapunzel and Flynn is a toy from purchased at the store.

I found this iron skillet in my cabinet and knew it would be perfect for Katie's party since Rapunzel used a frying pan as a weapon!  We put peanut M&M's in it that I found on clearance after Easter.  They colors were perfect.  The purple flags with yellow sunbursts were also a printable I found on-line.


Katie loved her gifts.  She got two new American Girl dolls (one from each set of grandparents) and some accessories.  She also got some clothes and a few other things from the family.   I did the best I could to make her day special and as you can see from the pictures, she had a great birthday!  I can't believe she is 9.

No comments:

Post a Comment