Saturday, November 19, 2011

Weekly Wrap-Up: Socrates, Obstacle, & Cooking

We are so behind in history that I don't know if we should skip, summarize, or continue readings as scheduled.  It's been crazy around here.  But we are keeping up with basics which is the most important to me.
This week, we learned about Greek Philosophers.  I honestly think the only piece of information my kids will remember is that Socrates was a short, bald, fat, ugly man!  And here are our drawings to prove it!


This is Emily's first drawing...



And this is Emily's second...



This is Katie's, and we think it kind of looks like Nicholas Cage!...



This one is mine...



And Daddy even made his contribution, which I think kind of looks like Gargamel on The Smurfs!...


Are those not the funniest drawings you've ever seen?!!  We had a lot of fun with Socrates!

One obstacle that has been hindering our progress is the intense pain in my back caused by a pulled muscle near my shoulder blade.  At least I think it's a pulled muscle.  I have been too stubborn to see a doctor.  I pulled it about a month ago.  It got somewhat better and is now bad again.  I did a lot of lifting & moving around last weekend for the gymnastics meet our gym hosted.  I should not have done so much and really hope I didn't severely damage the muscle.  Thankfully, I'm not cooking Thanksgiving dinner.  But, I did manage to whip out some goodies on Thursday...


These are only half the apples I sliced & bagged for the freezer...



This is what's left of the applesauce I made...



I filled these containers with Chicken Tortilla Soup that is SOUPer yummy!!!...


And I put about 5 pounds of chicken in the crockpot with some Montreal Chicken Seasoning and chicken broth and shredded it all when it was done cooking.  Another yummy meal!

All of the cooking and cleaning I did Thursday afternoon and evening was really NOT good for my back.  I was in bad shape by the time I went to bed.  As hard as it was to sit on bleachers for several hours during Emily's gymnastics meet on Saturday, it was probably good for me to just be still.  That is very hard for me. :)

I can't go without sharing my cell phone incident.  At the gymnastics meet, we sat on the top row of the bleachers so that we would have a wall to lean against.  My phone slipped through my lap and tumbled (literally) onto the floor under the bleachers!  I just knew it was toast after that fall.  Katie and her friend climbed under the bleachers to pick it up and found it, face down, in three pieces.  Miraculously, it's working fine and doesn't have a scratch on it!  For some reason, Hubs insists that I get a case for it.  I can't imagine why!??

I'm looking forward to spending Thanskgiving with my family and taking the week off school!



Linked up with Weekly Wrap-Up

No comments:

Post a Comment