Friday, July 9, 2010

A Hair Don't

My agenda today did not include a trip to the hair salon until I noticed that Katie had taken scissors to her beautiful locks right in front and center!  I couldn't believe it.  We are in the middle of preparing for a birthday party and was planning on making the cake today but this halted all those plans.


I agree, this is not the most flattering picture of my baby.  But after crying for an hour, what else might we expect?  Just after I took the picture, Katie laid down and took a nap.  She was exhausted from all that crying!

We woke her up to take her to the salon of miracles!  Damage control is what I called it.  Believe it or not, this was Katie's first professional haircut.  They trimmed, thinned, layered, and straightened.  And this is how it turned out...


It was well worth the $12 I paid since we were there for about 1-1/2 hours!  I'm still not sure if we should enforce discipline beyond our discussion this afternoon, or if the hour of crying was enough.

Today, I am thankful for...
  • the hair stylist that disguised Katie's short bang.
  • dinner out at a great restaurant.
  • compromises.
  • strawberry shortcake...YUM!
  • the rain we had today.

3 comments:

  1. You are the second person I heard with a hair story. What is going on with these kids??? Glad you are able to fix it. I bet she'll never do that again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! She looks much happier in the second picture. I've only had one of mine do that (so far) and it wasn't too noticeable. Her haircut looks really cute though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Isabel. It's more noticeable when her hair is pulled back. She definitely regrets cutting it. I think she really thought it would just grow right back. You would have to know her to know how much of a princess she is and how well she cares for herself. She's the child who brushes her hair & teeth without being told and will fix her hair herself, doing a great job for a 7-yr-old. I'm still shocked that she cut her hair like that!

    ReplyDelete