Sunday, July 11, 2010

A Busy Day

As I sit and write about the day, it almost seems like it never even happened.  The day went so fast.  It started with baking & decorating a cake for Emily's birthday party (for 3o people), going to a banquet for gymnastics, then having the birthday party this evening.  I'm waiting for that one birthday when I might be able to sit and relax almost the entire time.  Hum, I'm not sure that will ever happen!  I did manage to squeeze in a game of cornhole but completely forgot to do the water balloon toss.  We filled (when I say "we" I really mean mostly my hubby) so many balloons that never even came out of the box.  I guess we'll save them for the friend party next week.

I've seen the challenge for getting mom back in the picture and wish that could have happened today.  I feel weird giving someone my camera and saying "here, please take my picture!"  It would be nice for at least one of my family members to just grab it from me and take one!  The only thing that makes me feel a little better is that Katie had the video cam and I'm almost certain I'm in some of her footage.  Now that I think more about it, maybe that doesn't make me feel better after all!  At least I still have Emily's actual birthday yet to come so maybe someone who loves me and misses seeing me in pictures will read this and take control of the camera!

I'll post pictures of the party later.  I'm too tired to upload them now.


Today, I am thankful for... 
  • getting everything done.
  • not freaking out.
  • another great experience at the salon (this time with Emily).
  • seeing the smile on Emily's face as she opened her birthday gifts.
  • my husband for being incredibly helpful & for his grill mastery!  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment