Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Overwhelmed in the Summer???

I feel more overwhelmed tonight than I have in quite a while.  It's nice to have things to do, but I need to learn that they are "optional!"  Emily's friend slept over last night and stayed all morning while I did some housework.  We went to a friends house this afternoon where the kids swam and the mom's gathered around the table to make cards and chat.  I didn't accomplish anything because my creative juices were burried somewhere under my grumpiness!  When we left there, we went straight to gymnastics to drop Emily off.  When Katie and I got home, we rested on the couch for a little while and watched Toy Story 2.  This was probably my favorite part of the day!  That didn't totally cure my grumpiness, but it did help a little.  I probably should have just stayed home this afternoon.  After gymnastics, Emily brought another friend home to sleep over, which I approved of; silly me!  I actually love for my kids to have friends over, but today I'm exhausted.  We ordered pizza for dinner which saved me from cooking!  Yay!!!  I sure hope tomorrow will bring more energy because I have a lot do.  I'm thinking that the park day with our co-op might be one of the options that we skip tomorrow.  It's supposed to rain anyway and Emily's friend will be here all day so she won't even miss it!  Katie, on the other hand, is dying to see her friend from co-op, so we'll just have to see how things go tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. I totally know what you mean! I've just wanted to have down time lately and I get really grumpy (and weepy) when I'm "on" too much. Even when the events don't seem to take too much energy they still seem to drain me in some way. I just realize more and more lately that I need quiet time to refill.

    ReplyDelete