Saturday, May 29, 2010

It's amazing how quickly the past few weeks have gone!  We've been so busy with many things.  School has gone well, even among the busyness.  Katie is learning to read more every day and Emily is zipping right through her math.

Every year for the past seven years, our family has participated in the Relay For Life, which is the American Cancer Society's main fundraising event.  Relays are held across the country in many different cities, usually in the Spring & Summer.  Our Relay was held this past weekend and our team raised almost $2500!  The event total is at almost $50,000 so far, which is amazing!  To prepare for the 18-hour event, our team prepared on-site fundraisers and created our team banner.  Emily made 40 bracelets to sell and sold 30 of them!  She was thrilled!  Of course, she wanted to keep some of the money for herself but this was a good lesson in generosity.  I was on my feet for about 21 consecutive hours, walking at least 14 1/2 miles and standing at our fundraising booth.  It was so much fun.  We walked from 3:00pm until 9:00am, as did many others.  Emily walked almost 13 miles, Katie was right around 8 or 9, and Jason walked a little more than 12.  Emily tried to walk more than me but didn't quite make it.  At least she beat Daddy!  I'll try to post pictures soon.

Now that the Relay is over, we can concentrate on other things, like all the weeds in the yard, the shed that needs painted, the garden that needs planted.... the list goes on!  Twitching my nose isn't working and I can't seem to find my magic wand!  At least I have some helpers to get it done. =)

1 comment:

  1. I think I misplaced my wand also. It's lost in all this clutter. :) Glad to see you're back.

    ReplyDelete