Thursday, February 11, 2010

Math

Math has been fun for the most part because it comes easily to both Emily and myself.  Right now, we are doing geometry and loving it.  RightStart's geometry incorporates some fun activities that helps hold interest.  We always do some drills with each math lesson.  This week, when I'd write a problem on the board asking for a verbal answer, Emily would almost instantly blurt it out.  I'd ask her how she did it.  Her response was "I don't know.  It's like I just see the numbers in my head!"  Now, even though I'm partial because I'm her mother, I think that's amazing!  This why I chose RightStart math.  It teaches in such a way that you are able to quickly do math in your head.  No calculator, no paper & pencil.  Of course, there is a time and place for that too.  I'm learning better ways to do math by teaching it!  I'm sure some of you will roll your eyes at this, but it's so much FUN!!!

1 comment:

  1. Lisa, this is great! I'm hoping to purchase Right Start Math as soon as we can. I love reading about your success with it. I want my girls to love math too and that's not always the case with my oldest.

    ReplyDelete